This is a visualisation of a knowledge graph created from the Science Museum Group's online collections, blog and academic journal and part of the V&A's online collections using machine learning. It's part of the Heritage Connector project.
For more details on the part of the V&A's online collections we processed, consult this readme.
How to navigate:
- Drag to pan, scroll to zoom.
- Click a dot to show more information about that item. You can keep multiple information panes open at once.
- You can view the visualisation coloured by the Science Museum Group and V&A's collection categories by clicking Collection Category at the top right.
How to read:
This plot has been produced by projecting 1200-dimensional data to 2 dimensions using an algorithm called UMAP. As a result:
- Larger distances (e.g. between clusters) don't mean anything.
- Similarly, sizes of clusters don't mean anything.
- This is one of many possible representations of the higher dimensional space, so it shouldn't be treated as an objective view of the data.
For more information on how to read UMAP plots, check out this article